15 May Field Report

Aloha All,
Sunrise: 5:52
Sunset 7:02

Only 2 weeks until Memorial Day weekend (30 May)! Reminder, Club stands down from flying on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends due to the volume of campers at the beach and trees alongside the taxiway.

Current conditions:
Winds calm
Visibility: 10 miles
Few clouds at 2600 ft
Temp 73F Dewpoint 66F and Humidity at 78%

Forecast for today
Winds ENE (070) at 8 knots
Visibility 6 mile or more
scattered clouds at 2500 and 3500 ft
Pressure: 30.11 inHg

Weather service forecast
A 20 percent chance of showers.
Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
Light wind becoming east between 10 and 13 mph.

Unfortunately neither TJ nor I will be at field today.
Call if you need me to contact CDO.

Mark

15 May Field Outlook

Aloha All,

Cleared to fly Sunday, and the weather looks to be pretty good as well.
Saturday is normal full scale operations

Next Sunday there is a Homecoming, so we may have to dly around that. Will let you know more next week if I get better details.

Hope to see you at the field.

Mark

Mothers Day Field Report

Aloha All,
Happy Mother’s Days

We’ve received over 1/4in rain in the last several hours!

Current conditions
Flash Flood Warning for Oahu scheduled to lift at 1000 this morning
Flash Flood watch in effect until Monday Afternoon
Marginal VFR at Field
Winds are calm
Visibility 6 miles in light rain
Broken clouds
Temp 69F
Dewpoint 68
Humidity at 88%
Pressure: 30.02 inHg

Forecast
Winds 080 (East) at 12 knots gusting 22
Visibility 5 miles
light showers and mist

NWS Forecast
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm.
Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall.
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81.
East wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Putting weather, Mothers Day and base Force Protection level together- you won’t see me at the field today.
Hope to see better weather and you at the field next weekend!

Happy Mother’s Day

Mark
pfrcc.org

Top Gun 2011- Day 2 Ray’s FB-111!

From Ray Johns- his FB-111 at takeoff and then about 1:58. Yes the wing swings, says they’ve been back to 62 degrees and are working on expanding the envelope.

Ian Gregor at it again!

FAA To Announce Decision On Grand Canyon Jetsuit Flight Friday.
The AP (5/6) reports, “A Swiss daredevil planning to fly above the Grand Canyon in a jet-propelled wingsuit won’t know if he’s allowed to do so until Friday – the day of his scheduled flight.” That’s because “FAA spokesman Ian Gregor says a decision won’t be made until Friday morning.” Yves Rossy, 51, “plans to jump from a helicopter on the Hualapai Reservation, soaring over the Grand Canyon in his first US flight in the custom-built suit.”

From AIAA Daily News

7-8 May Field Outlook

Mother’s Day Weekend Gang!
Via email from Air Ops I think we’re cleared to fly both days.
Weather may not favor us and keep in mind that the base is still at an elevated force protection level, so there may be delays and complications getting on base and over to the Westfield area.
I’ll drive over tomorrow to see what the situation is and let you know what I find (The numbers I have for PMO aren’t answering).
Mark

UH Aero Team Competition Flight

Failed throttle linkage force a full throttle landing. Great landing considering. Still in one piece! 16 pounds of payload on this flight!